"Take a rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. "
Ovid (Publius Ovidius Naso)
Do you feel that you're trying to find a balance but your scale is often tipped to the stress side? Do you feel like you are a ticking time-bomb ready to go off any minute? Do you feel like you are running on empty or have been through a traumatic event?
There are several techniques and levels of relaxation and many studies documented on the effects of relaxation in the body. Many of us walk around with unconscious stress in our shoulders, belly, back or other part of the body, not aware of the degrees to which these areas are tense. Most of us cannot complete our daily to-do tasks and are often overburdened will responsibilities of family, work and life.
If you feel any or all of the above, then this training is for you. Learn everything you need to know about the grounding and inherently restful practice of Restorative Yoga. Learn for yourself or teach it to others.
In this 20-hour course, you will learn:
- How to teach a restorative class
- Restorative postures and hands on adjustments
- Warm ups to teach a restorative flow
- How to work with different body sizes, shapes, and abilities
- How to protect your body and energy while assisting students
- How to organize students, props, and space
- How to sequence for specific conditions such as getting pregnant, pregnancy, depression, headache, etc.
- Buddhist meditation practices
- Prop hacks for when you don’t have traditional props on hand
- Affirmations, sounds of chakras, and mantras
- How/when to introduce a restorative pose into an active class
- Science of mind-body and stress connection
You will receive a Yoga Alliance Approved certificate upon completion of this course!
Pritpal Singh at Mind to Body Yoga and Fitness is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP’S) which recognizes her as an expert in one or more of Yoga Alliances Educational Categories.
May 2019 Restorative Teacher Training Schedule
Saturday May 11 - 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (10 hours - 2:00 to 3:00 pm lunch break)
Sunday May 12 - 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (10 hours - 2:00 to 3:00 pm lunch break)
$429.00 for 20 hours of Teacher Training