The Mind to Body Kids Yoga Teacher Training is for anyone who would like to teach yoga to young people. This course will provide engaging and fun-filled ideas that benefit kids of all ages. Our kids yoga teacher training incorporates the use of animated poses, music, props, storytelling, art, games and imagination, to help stimulate kids senses as well as strengthen and stretch their developing bodies.
Our training uses creative techniques to keep children of all ages engaged in their yoga practice. Each class is designed in a unique style incorporating lot of fun into each class, while encouraging kids to find their inner-peace. You will learn kid friendly yoga poses, group poses, partner poses, yoga games and mindfulness activities, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualization techniques, and more. You will leave with confidence to teach age-appropriate yoga teaching techniques for young people between ages 3-18! Come play yoga with us and find your inner-child all over again!
25 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Training Includes:
- Help build confidence, concentration, trust, teamwork, focus, and a sense of calm to get kids to relax and develop self-control through creative techniques
- How to create a yoga class that is fun, safe, effective and engaging for toddlers as well as teens
- How to incorporate props, music, stories art, and age-appropriate themes into kid’s yoga classes, birthday parties, and special events
- Benefits of Yoga for Children
- Kid-friendly yoga poses, activities, themes, stories, partner poses, group poses, games, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualization techniques
- How to teach yoga to kids that support a non-competitive and fair environment
- Tools for dealing with restlessness and behavior challenges in a class
- Teaching creatively with confidence, patience and acceptance, with an open heart and an open mind
- Balancing the need for structure and freedom within each class
- Harnessing the energy in the room and being in the moment
- Understanding developmental considerations and cautions for toddlers through teens
- How to communicate and inspire children and encourage them to talk
- How to give constructive and positive feedback
- An opportunity to tap into your own creativity and ideas to develop a yoga class and teach kids yoga classes
- How to monitor kid trends
- Bringing out the child within you and having FUN!
- Business of teaching yoga to kids
The kid’s yoga teacher training in Mississauga at Mind to Body yoga studio is not just limited to yoga teachers, it’s also open to parents, educators, health professionals, or anyone who would like to keep these young people engaged and stimulated through yoga practice.
Credits from this training can be applied towards the 300 hour Yoga Alliance training, leading to 500 hour certification. This training can also be applied towards continuing education credits required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
2020 Kids Yoga Teacher Training Schedule:
$725.00 + Hst
- Includes Kids Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Must sign up by Mar 13, 2020
- You can apply hours towards continuing educational credits with Yoga Alliance.
- Payment plan: 2 payments of $375 + Hst due Feb 13 and Mar 13
- Terms and Conditions: No refund. Credit can be applied towards future training's with Mind to Body.
- Friday March 27, 2020
- Saturday March 28, 2020
- Sunday March 29, 2020
- Friday 5:00 - 9:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm