Sleep is a key factor in achieving overall good health. If you aren’t well rested, chances are you’ll have a much harder time making healthy food choices and attending fitness and yoga classes regularly. At our yoga studio in Mississauga, we offer classes such as warm candlelight yoga as an opportunity to wind down and get your mind and body ready for sleep. If you struggle with falling asleep at night or wrestle with insomnia, incorporating certain yoga poses into your nightly bedtime routine can not only help you fall asleep, but help you achieve a high quality, restorative sleep too.(more…)
We’ve talked before about the many benefits of yoga such as improved athletic performance, a healthier immune system and stress management. There are many different types of yoga practices, all of which can help you achieve the benefits listed above, but you can also garner some additional benefits from practicing hot yoga in our Mississauga studio.
Hot yoga classes offered at Mind to Body in Mississauga, typically have the room temperature ranging from 93 to 98 degrees Fahrenheit. Hot yoga is pretty much as it sounds, meaning that the yoga class is held in a room with a higher than normal temperature. So, why do people practice yoga in a higher temperature? Well, now that we’ve talked about what hot yoga is, we can move on to exploring the benefits that come with it.(more…)
Can you think of a recent time when you’ve had a moment of complete quiet or when your mind has felt calm and clear? Not easy to do, is it! Most of the time, all of our senses are overloaded. Just about everywhere you look there are lights, sounds, movements and smells tugging at us and forcing our minds and bodies to process things at a very quick pace. The vibrant city of Mississauga is ripe with exciting activities but don’t forget about the local resources that can help you bring balance to your life – Mind to Body Yoga in Mississauga is one of those places!
Mind to Body yoga studio in Mississauga was founded with the intention of providing support and imparting the right knowledge about all around healthy living. We are dedicated to helping the Mississauga community improve their health and well-being – this includes teenagers too.
Mind to Body’s class schedule now includes yoga classes for teens in Mississauga! There are so many benefits that teenagers can experience through practicing yoga and we are very pleased to welcome this age group into our Mississauga yoga studio. Our yoga class for teens runs on Thursday nights from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm and will give young people tools to listen inward, to their bodies, feelings, and ideas.(more…)
Gain Peace through Yoga
They are all around you. If you really look, you will spot them every time you are in public. Next time you are on a subway, at the mall, or even stuck in traffic; take a look at the faces of the people around; you will see the strained signs of stress. The stress is most evident on a morning commute as everyone is rushing around to get their work days started on time. Harried phone calls; animated conversations, people in business suits running to beat the closing subway door; it can be overwhelming. It is no wonder that stress is taking a toll on us. Nearly 3.7 million Canadian workers say that they are highly stressed in the workplace; another 6.3 million report feeling some stress. That means nearly a third of all Canadians feel some level of stress every day. High levels of stress can lead to heart disease, high blood pressure, and other health issues as well as contribute to smoking, over-consumption of alcohol, and over-eating. Outside forces act as a trigger, but stress still comes from within. The good news? While we can’t always control external events, we do have some say in how we react to them. The line of equanimity is within our grasp if we just reach out. How can we reach that peace of mind in a chaotic world? Through yoga!(more…)
Thankfully the days are starting to get longer and there should soon be more sunshine to enjoy. But that doesn’t mean that cold and flu season is behind us just quite yet. This time of year has many people trying to figure out what will keep them healthy and how they can avoid getting sick. At Mind to Body, we run many different yoga classes in Mississauga during this time of year as we know the benefits yoga offers when it comes to warding off illness.(more…)
Athletes around the world are constantly focused on improving their performance and being the best at what they do. Hours in the gym in addition to hours practicing their respective sport can certainly help boost performance, but more and more coaches and athletes are realizing that if they want more power, more muscle and more focus, they should turn to yoga.
Mind to Body yoga studio in Mississauga welcomes athletes of any caliber and can provide some great insight into which classes can help enhance athletic performance. The benefits that athletes can achieve from regularly practicing yoga are:(more…)
- Hot yoga –It is practiced in a temperature controlled room which is heated to at least 36 degrees Celsius and no more than 40 degrees Celsius. It is important to maintain the temperature within this range during the yoga session while progressing through the poses. Any of the below listed forms of yoga can be practiced in a hot room.
- Hatha – This is the most common form of yoga you will typically encounter. Each form combines a series of breathing with movements.
- Ashtanga – This form incorporates specialized breathing techniques along with a series of movements and poses.
- Iyengar– Performing this form of yoga requires using various props, like chairs, blocks, and so on, as you learn the various poses and movements.
- Power – Power yoga is fast-paced and designed to help provide a more intense experience which can help speed muscle development and strength building.
- Vinyasa– Sometimes called “smooth yoga,” this form uses a series of poses which “flow” from one to the next in “smooth” transitions.
- Helps us sleep better and deeper.
- Helps us deal with stress and tension in a positive manner.
- Strengthens the body’s immune response system.
- Makes us less prone to illnesses and diseases.
- Helps address and resolve back pain.
- Improves our bone health and postures.
- Helps reduce blood pressure.
- Increases concentration and improves focus.