Mind to Body 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
The 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program at Mind to Body follows the guidelines set out by the Yoga Alliance, ensuring the highest educational standards of quality, integrity, and professionalism. We concentrate on providing exceptional training for all students. Our goal is to make the rich and profound practice of yoga accessible, inspiring, and enjoyable for everyone, while both honoring the traditions of yoga and playing a part in its evolution.
Whether you are an aspiring yoga teacher or interested in an in-depth study of yoga for personal development, this program will be one of the best four months of your life.
An understanding of the structure of the body and how postures create change within that structure is key to safe instruction. Practical applied anatomy, observing types of body – organic or muscular – is a component of the anatomy training. Compressive and tensile forces and variations in skeletal structure are explored as well as muscle groups, the subtle body, and it’s energies. Students are provided with an excellent text to support their studies in Anatomy.
The best yoga teachers consistently practice yoga to develop their physical, mental, and emotional strength. This emphasis on a synergistic connection between the body and mind allows teachers gain the wisdom necessary to teach from their hearts.
The best way to teach yoga is by having your own practice. A personal practice will allow you fully develop your wisdom and skill as a teacher who teaches the mind-body connection of yoga. By utilizing the principles of modern holistic biomechanics, teachers-in-training will use the most elegant and user-friendly methods of teaching available. Rather than practicing a specific sequence of postures every day, your practice will include creative sequencing techniques. The introduction to meditation and Pranayama (breath expansion) techniques are components of our daily practice. By the end of the program, teachers-in-training will have the skills necessary to build a well-rounded personal yoga practice.
The central focus of this 200-hour yoga teacher training program is on how to lead a safe, effective, and joyful yoga class. The methodology plays an integral role in leading a successful and interesting yoga class. Teachers-in-training will learn to listen to their own voice and become aware of their patterns of language, and be encouraged to examine and refine the clarity of their communication. Teachers will begin to explore their tone of voice to teach different types of classes, such as the difference between the chakra vs asana voice. The use of language will be observed and the use of simple language will be encouraged to refine teaching techniques. Teachers-in-training will learn detailed ways of staying present while practicing asanas, encouraging relaxation or tension where appropriate, and integrating a breathing to guide asana practice. Skills and knowledge on how to cue will be explored in order to align the body safely and comfortably to encourage a deeper release while keeping the breath connection going. General principles in giving physical adjustments will be taught under guidance.
Yoga’s philosophy goal is to seek the answer the question, “Who are we?” All of yoga’s philosophy can be woven into teaching its physical practice, which enriches the students’ experience. The origin of yoga and its philosophy are fascinating subjects. Via lectures and discussions, a good foundation of knowledge and understanding of yoga is developed. The key texts of yoga will be explored, such as The Upanishads, The Bhagavad Gita, and The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
Ethics and Lifestyle
What is ethical behaviour? How does a lifestyle aligned with our highest good positively affect our ability to teach? Understanding the yoga guidelines and adapting the yogic texts to the modern world will be a starting point for a discussion of ethics. Teachers-in-training will learn to apply these ideas to practical situations and embody a holistic understanding of ethics in yoga.
Additional Assignments & Homework - 15 to 20 hours
Why choose Mind to Body Yoga for your 200-hour training?
- We ensure the highest educational standards of quality, integrity, and professionalism, and exceed the training standards set out by Yoga Alliance.
- The schedule allows students to continue to work full or part-time while enrolled in the program.
- Renowned guest faculty – students will be studying with the best of the best.
- With an integrated, well-informed, and open perspective, we tie together the insights and wisdom of many different traditions. This creates a cohesive and innovative approach to yoga with skills that can be applied in the modern world.
- We provide encouragement and guidance to help you find your unique voice, and develop your internal wisdom and mind-body connection.
- Community building is one of the primary objectives of our program. Wherever possible, we try to build and sustain a long-term commitment to our students and assist them in meeting their personal goals.
- Mind to Body's teacher training courses are registered with The Minister of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). Students will be issued T2202A certificates to claim education-related tax credits, such as the tuition tax credit.
- Our program is accredited by the Yoga Alliance. Successful graduates of this program can apply for RYT-200 status.
$3300 (+ HST). Tuition includes unlimited drop-in classes for the duration of the program.
- Unlimited drop-in classes for the duration of the program.
- Private consultation with the program director to set goals.
- Textbooks are included in the tuition cost.
- 10% discount off props and most workshops for duration of the program.
A $500 (+HST) non-refundable deposit will be required upon acceptance of your application. If the deposit is paid before June 30th, you will receive a 3-month pass to Mind to Body so you can enjoy our classes prior to starting the program.
The remaining balance may be paid:
In full — one payment of $2800 (+HST) due September 1st, 2017.
In installments — four payments: $735 (+HST) on September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, and December 1st 2017.
2017 Program Schedule
Classes will be held every other Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Friday – 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday – 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (1-hour lunch break)
Please reply at least 24 hours prior to the information session.