Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 – Foundations
"Take a rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. " - Ovid (Publius Ovidius Naso)
Do you feel that you're trying to find a balance but your scale is often tipped to the stress side? Do you feel like you are a ticking time-bomb ready to go off any minute? Do you feel like you are running on empty or have been through a traumatic event?
There are several techniques and levels of relaxation and many studies documented on the effects of relaxation in the body. Many of us walk around with unconscious stress in our shoulders, belly, back or other part of the body, not aware of the degrees to which these areas are tense. Most of us cannot complete our daily to-do tasks and are often overburdened will responsibilities of family, work and life.
If you feel any or all of the above, then this training is for you. Learn everything you need to know about the grounding and inherently restful practice of Restorative Yoga. This training can be undertaken by yoga teachers, physical therapists, body workers, nurses, or anyone interested to incorporate restorative yoga into their person lives.
25 Hour Restorative Yoga Foundations Training Includes:
- The history and lineage of restorative yoga
- How to teach a restorative class
- Warm ups to teach a restorative flow
- How to protect your body and energy while assisting students
- How to organize students, props, and space
- Restorative postures and hands on adjustments
- How to work with different body sizes, shapes, and abilities
- Restorative meditation, pranayama and visualization practices
- Prop hacks for when you don’t have traditional props on hand
- Affirmations, sounds of chakras, and mantras
- How/when to introduce a restorative pose into an active hatha or yin class
- What is autonomic nervous system; sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system
- How to apply the Relaxation Response
- Energetic effects of restorative yoga
- Neurological, psychological and physical effects of restorative yoga
- Restorative assists; the art of therapeutic touch
- How to use language to deepen the experience of restorative yoga
- How to observe and address assist misalignments that inhibit deep relaxation
- How to modify for specific injuries
- Practical experience assisting and teaching a restorative class
- Apply towards 300 hour certification or continuing education credits
- Restorative Foundations TT Manual
Credits from this training can be applied towards the 300 hour Yoga Alliance training, leading to 500 hour certification. This training can also be applied towards continuing education credits required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
2020 Restorative Yoga Foundations Teacher Training Schedule:
$479.00 + Hst
- Includes Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Credits can be applied towards the 300 hour Yoga Alliance training, leading to 500 hour certification or towards continuing education to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
- Terms and Conditions: No refund. Credit can be applied towards future training's with Mind to Body.
- Any questions, please email at email@example.com or call 416-527-2254.
Days & Time:
- Fri, October 02, 2020 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Sat, October 03, 2020 9:00 am to 6:30 pm
- Sun, October 04, 2020 9:00 am to 6:30 pm
I recently completed my Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Pritpal Singh @ Mind To Body Yoga & Fitness. I highly recommend this studio to anyone who may be interested in yoga certifications, upgrading courses or to simply enjoy the practice & benefits of yoga. The studio itself is very clean, calming & roomy; any props required are available for use for free. Pritpal was an amazing teacher; she is knowledgeable, interesting, witty, kind & patient. Her warm manner was infectious! Her demonstrations & notes were easy to follow & understand. Originally, I dreaded spending an entire weekend in class but, to my surprise, the training was so enjoyable & interesting that it seemed to be over in the blink of an eye & I ended up wishing it lasted longer! Many thanks for your exceptional guidance Pritpal!