Prenatal training for more natural and joyous birth experience
Expand your career options by becoming a Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher. This training allows you to guide pregnant women through the journey of pregnancy, preparing them physically and mentally for the powerful transition of childbirth. Also learn to teach postnatal yoga supporting women through their postnatal recovery.
Who Should Attend This Training:
- Yoga instructors who wish to teach prenatal and postnatal yoga
- Women wanting to deepen their knowledge of yoga in pregnancy
Yoga instructors will learn how to safely guide their pregnant students through all three (3) trimesters of a healthy and active prenatal yoga class, as well as address the needs of the postnatal student. Teachers will gain a comprehensive understanding of the unique needs of their pregnant and postnatal yoga practitioners.
50 Hour Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training includes:
- Teaching Gentle Prenatal Yoga
- Teaching Prenatal Flow Yoga Class
- Teaching Prenatal Restorative Class
- Modifications for pregnant students attending regular flow yoga classes
- Different levels/different bodies
- Prenatal options and alternatives
- Modifications for all 3 trimesters of pregnancy
- Yoga for common pregnancy discomforts
- Childbirth Education intro
- Understanding the pregnant body
- Understanding prenatal procedures and complications that your students will be experiencing
- Stages and phases of labor
- Common pregnancy discomforts, health concerns, and precautions
- Pregnancy exercise myths vs facts
- Keeping pregnant women safe and working with the medical community
- Understanding the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles as they relate to pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- Fetal position variations
- Labor Anatomy, understanding labor and childbirth
- Postnatal precautions
- Postnatal asana and flow
- Diastasis recti identification and treatment
- Assist the lead trainer in prenatal class
- Prenatal and Postnatal Training Manual
You will receive a Yoga Alliance Approved certificate upon completion of this course! 35 Contact Hours and 15 Non-Contact Hours Continuing Education Credits.
Pritpal Singh at Mind to Body Yoga and Fitness is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP’S) which recognizes her as an expert in one or more of Yoga Alliances Educational Categories.
2019 Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training Schedule
- Friday, Oct 25, Saturday Oct 26 & Sunday Oct 27, 2019
- Friday, Nov 22, Saturday Nov 23 & Sunday Nov 24, 2019
- Fridays 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Saturdays 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sundays 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
1 hour lunch break on Saturday and Sunday
$725.00 + Hst
- Includes Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Must sign up by Oct 1, 2019
- You can apply 35 contact hours and 15 non-contact hours towards continuing educational credits with Yoga Alliance.
- Payment plan: 2 payments of $375 + Hst due Oct 1 and Nov 1, 2019
- Terms and Conditions: Refund issued 14 days before training begins (minus $200 + hst non refundable deposit). No refund possible after training starts. Credit can be applied towards future training's with Mind to Body.