We’ve talked before about the many benefits of yoga such as improved athletic performance, a healthier immune system and stress management. There are many different types of yoga practices, all of which can help you achieve the benefits listed above, but you can also garner some additional benefits from practicing hot yoga in our Mississauga studio.
Hot yoga classes offered at Mind to Body in Mississauga, typically have the room temperature ranging from 93 to 98 degrees Fahrenheit. Hot yoga is pretty much as it sounds, meaning that the yoga class is held in a room with a higher than normal temperature. So, why do people practice yoga in a higher temperature? Well, now that we’ve talked about what hot yoga is, we can move on to exploring the benefits that come with it.
Hot Yoga And Your Body
There is a form of hot yoga offered in the Mind to Body studio just about every day. Be sure to check our class schedule to find a class that will work for you.
During a hot yoga class, your body may receive the following benefits:
- Added Flexibility. The heated room will allow you to safely gain greater flexibility in your poses, which is therapeutic for your body.
- Deeper With the added heat in the room, you won’t make it through the class if you forget to breathe deeply. Hot yoga classes are a great way to augment your ability to breathe in a full and controlled manner.
- A Higher Cardio Workout. For those that think yoga is not enough of a work out, hot yoga is something you need to try. Did you know that your heart can do the same work doing hot yoga as it would when running a few kilometers? A 90-minute class can burn up to 1,000 calories. The stretching and movements of hot yoga also ignites your metabolism so you burn calories long after the class is over.
- Not surprisingly, yoga in a hot room will make you sweat. Yoga postures are detoxifying for your muscles, organs, and glands and sweating during hot yoga deepens those benefits. The heat primes the body for eliminating toxins by activating the lymphatic system and increasing blood circulation.
- Hot yoga has been known to reduce symptoms of diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, depression, arthritis and obesity.
If you are interested in trying a hot yoga class, we’d love to see you in the Mind to Body studio. In order to get the most out of your hot yoga experience, we suggest you keep these tips in mind:
- Drink lots of water during the hours leading up to your class so that you are well hydrated.
- Eat only a light meal or snack, no more than an hour before the class.
- Take the class at your own pace, there is no need to compete with those around you.
- Replenish yourself after class with lots of water (coconut water is a great after class option) and a snack that includes protein.
Mind to Body Yoga offers hot yoga in Mississauga as part of a diverse yoga and fitness schedule. Our holistic lifestyle centre is dedicated to serving the commitment that you have made to yourself about improving your whole health and well-being. We’d love to see you in our studio! If you have any questions, please give us a call at 905-712-9642 or contact us through our website.