The Ayurvedic Head Massage is an ancient Indian healing practice which is as old as 5, 000 years. It is a relaxing holistic treatment found in Ayurveda, the Indian medical system. In Sanskrit, Ayur means life and Veda means knowledge. Ayurveda emphasizes on treating the whole body as a system. Ayurveda recognizes that maintaining balance of the elements in the body and mind is essential for optimal health and the process of finding that balance begins with self-awareness.
Ayurvedic Head Massage involves massage and acupressure techniques manipulating the soft tissues on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face. Each step of the process deepens the effect taking you to a higher level of detachment and serenity. This impacts you on not just a physical but also an emotional level.
In Ayurveda, the body is considered the temple, and the head is considered the altar of the temple. Healing the mind directly alleviates the body allowing you to experience an extraordinary healing process.
THE HEAD MASSAGE
- Is meditative
- Increases oxygen and glucose supply to the brain
- Dissipates accumulated toxins in the head
- Deeply relaxes and rejuvenates the mind and body
- Facilitates self-reflection
- Balances the chakras by releasing stagnant energy
- Overall sense of well-being as endorphins are released, aromatherapy component enhances the experience
- Eye strain
- Physical strain - aches and pains, joint and muscle stiffness
- Tension Headaches / Migraines - completely calming the nervous system
- Tinnitus and other ear problems
- Muscle tension – neck, shoulder stiffness
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression
- Assimilation and digestion of mental thoughts
- Mental clarity, alertness and concentration through increased circulation of cerebral spinal fluid in and around the brain
- Blood circulation throughout the entire body, nourishing vital organs and systems
- Immune system function
- Musculoskeletal system function; mobility of joints
- Lymphatic system function; eliminates accumulated toxins and excess fluid in the body
- The growth and lustre of hair and prevents early graying; increases circulation to the hair folicle in the scalp, receiving increased oxygen and nutrients
Points to consider before the treatment
- If on the day of your appointment you are experiencing a severe headache/migraine then it is best to reschedule for another day.
- Please wear older clothes to prevent your new ones from getting stains.